Volunteer and Internship Opportunities

Thank you for your interest in becoming a City of Rohnert Park volunteer.  Whether you would like to help at events, work with kids or seniors, or assist staff with special projects or administrative tasks, the volunteer program offers opportunities for everyone.  We consider our volunteers a valuable resource!

Thank you for your interest in becoming a City of Rohnert Park intern.  There are a variety of city-wide opportunities available as indicated in this job description.  If interested in serving as an intern, please contact the Human Resources Department or visit your educational institution's website.  For Sonoma State University students, please visit the SSU Engage webpage:  https://www.ssuengage.sonoma.edu/#/

INTERN/VOLUNTEER (Non-Animal Shelter) APPLICATION can be found HEREPlease submit a completed application to hr@rpcityorg.

Why Volunteer?  Volunteering offers a variety of ways for individuals ages 13 and above to contribute their time, skills, talents and interests, get involved in civic activities, and make a difference for the benefit of both the Rohnert Park community and the volunteer.

What Opportunities are Available for Teens?  Some examples of ongoing opportunities for youth ages 13 and older include assisting at the Animal Shelter or in the Summer Camp Program.  One-day special events include Founder's Day and National Night Out.

How Do I Become a Volunteer?  Anyone interested in volunteering for the City must first complete and submit a volunteer application.  Please be advised that most volunteer assignments in the City require volunteers 18 years of age and older to be fingerprinted by the Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety and cleared with the Department of Justice before beginning volunteer service.  The application for Voluntary Service (non-Animal Shelter) can be found here.

Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Animal Shelter
Public Safety
Senior Center
Spreckels Performing Arts Center

Questions:  Email the Human Resources Department or call (707) 588-2261.